St. John’s Parish Finance Meeting 4th September 2019.
1. Minutes: Minutes of the previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
2. Matters arising:
- Chairman reappointed.
- Resignation of two members noted and a vote of thanks and appreciation recorded.
3. Minutes for publication: Agreed.
4. Update of accounts:
- Parish accounts for the period 01/06/2019 to 31/08/2019 were outlined and approved.
5. Priests Account (Teach Na Sagart):
- Details of the account for the period 01/06/2019 to 31/08/2019 were outlined and approved.
6. CURA Building:
- Kerry Adolescent Counselling Service have changed rooms from the office over the front door of the Parish Centre to another office upstairs.
- A sales display unit/cabinet is about to be constructed in the foyer of the Parish Centre selling religious goods such as baptismal candles, rosaries, statues and booklets.
8. Parish Pastoral Worker:
- A Parish Pastoral Worker has been appointed and he will be welcomed to our next meeting to introduce himself.
- GDPR polices discussed and noted.
- Church Gate Collections: The parish newsletter recently defined areas for church gate collections as follows:
CHURCH GATE COLLECTIONS: There has been a number of complaints recently regarding some organisations collecting for their church gate collection at the entrance doors of churches in the parish. We ask all organisations to ensure that collections take place outside church grounds and entrances. The only exception by diocesan stipulation is St. Vincent de Paul.
- St. John’s 150: Next year, 2020 will mark the 150th anniversary of the completion and dedication of St. John’s Church. The St. John’s 150 year of celebrations will commence on Saturday 26th October 2019 when Bishop Ray Browne celebrates Mass at 6.10pm. A year-long Festival of Faith celebrating St. John’s 150th is being planned culminating with a Town Mission in October 2020
Next meeting: Wednesday 13th November 2019.at 7.30pm in St. John’s Parish Centre.