St. John’s Parish Finance Committee Meeting 16th January 2018
Minutes: Minutes of the previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
2. Matters arising: A number of matters arose from the minutes of the previous meeting.
- Clarification required regarding all our insurance cover.
The parishioner data base is being updated.
Written clarification needed on who exactly is responsible for the installation, servicing and monitoring of both fire and security alarms in all three churches of the parish.
Agreed that the defibrillators installed in the Churches would be serviced and that a notice be placed in the parish newsletter asking for volunteers to undergo defibrillator training.
4. Update of accounts: A detailed update of parish accounts included:
- Parish income & expense accounts for the period Oct to Dec 2017.
The annual income from Diocesan collections 2017
Parish accounts bank balances.
A seven-year comparison on electricity usage: 2011 to 2017
A seven-year comparison on oil usage: 2011 to 2017.
5. Parish Financial Report for 2017
- The report for 2017 was agreed and approved for publication.
6. Update on building Sub Committee.
A copy of the internal & external survey of St John’s Church to be made available to committee members.
Noted that a fundraising committee has been formed by Curraheen-based parishioners to specifically raise funds for the development/construction of a meeting room at Curraheen Church.